Resources for Farms & Farmers
- The Farm Disaster Relief Grant Program of the VT Flood Response & Recovery Fund 2023 will help farms continue or return to production. The Vermont Community Foundation will award up to $1 million from the Fund to support Vermont farms. For more information and to submit an application visit vermontcf.org/farmgrants.
- If you are a farm that has been impacted by the storms and/or flooding events, we recommend contacting the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT) to discuss their Farmer Emergency Fund. NOFA-VT is also gathering information from farms and farmers to coordinate support and recovery efforts. You may share information here.
- The Intervale is also actively fundraising for its Farmer Recovery Fund.
- The Center for an Agricultural Economy continues to support farmers with emergency loans through its Vermont Farm Fund.
- The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets has a comprehensive list of resources available to farmers.
- Farm First is also available for peer support.
- A growing list of resources for farmers can also be found on the Rural Vermont website here.
- Through the VT Flood Response & Recovery Fund, the Community Foundation is providing grant support to the Northeast Organic Farming Association of Vermont (NOFA-VT) for the Farmer Emergency Relief Fund, the Center for an Agriculture Economy (CAE) to support the Vermont Farm Fund, and the Intervale Center for the Farmer Relief Fund—all mentioned and linked above.
We will continue to add to this list as information becomes available to us. If you are aware of an existing resource and would like to suggest we add it to this list, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.